Thursday 16 February 2012

Street Style at London fashion week

London Fashion week kicks off in full force tomorrow and I shall be braving the cold to go and snap some street style pics around Somerset House and the different venues throughout the week.

Here are some of my top tips for taking great street style pics.


6 Tips for Shooting Street
  1. I like to shoot street style with quite a shallow depth of field allowing the background to gently blur therefore making the subject of my image pop out and be the main focus.
  2. I think it’s always important to be aware of the environment you are shooting in with street style you don’t want a background that distracts, clashes or overtakes in your final image.
  3. I love to look out for great textures, prints, embellishments and accessories on occasions a close up or detail shot can be a great way to sum up a trend in an alternative way to a full length.
  4. Everyone has a their own unique style at fashion week and once I have picked up on a trend, capturing several peoples variations on the same theme always makes for a great style report.
  5. The direction of the daylight is all important with street style photography so I like to keep an eye on how it changes throughout the day and how I can use it to create a unique image, from dappled light to back light by thinking ahead and whenever possible asking people to stand in just the right place to photograph them you can achieve so many different effects.
  6. Street style should be about a person’s style and also character once I have chosen a good spot to shoot I often allow people to pose how they most feel comfortable and then ask them to vary their position slightly if I can’t see enough of a bag or shape of a shoe.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment